Meet Eli Dickerson, Trees Atlanta’s Champion Tree Coordinator, for a winter tree walk under the exceptional canopy at seldom visited Beecher Park in the Beecher Hills neighborhood. This walk will cover some basic winter identification of native tree species. Participants will also see a few of the city champion trees located in the greenspace, including a champion tulip poplar over 160 feet tall!
- Though not strenuous, this hike will go on uneven terrain and is not stroller friendly.
- Meet at Edgewater Dr SW near Beecher Rd SW
- Free street parking is available at the meeting location along Edgewater Dr SW.
- Please bring drinking water, cameras and note-taking supplies if you’d like.
- Don’t leave valuables unattended in your vehicle.